If you’re looking for unique Valentine’s Day gifts this year, these adorable heart shaped Crayon valentine’s hearts are a simple, fun and affordable idea. Plus it’s a fun activity for the kids, so it’s a two-for-one in my book!
Heart Shaped Crayons
What you'll need:
- Used Crayons (you will need quite a few)
- Silicone heart molds
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Peel Crayons from wrappers.
- Break crayons into small pieces (no bigger than ½ inch long).
- Place crayons into molds and place molds on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool for 4-6 hours. Or place in freezer for 30 minutes.
You can make your hearts with any combination of colors! These make a great easy Valentine's gift for classmates and friends, or simply as a way to recycle old Crayons around your own house.
Melissa Basgall is the publisher of Macaroni Kid Downtown/South Kansas City, Kansas.